Thanksgiving Template

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Truly Blessed

I am a truly truly blessed individual.

And there you have it. No suspenseful introduction. No intense buildup. No climax. No attention grabbing guessing game about what I'm going to talk about. Just straight out with it and to the point...

I am blessed.

But really, I probably whine a little too often. And sometimes I wonder why I am so unlucky that I have to drag my (lazy) butt out of bed at 7:30 in the morning to get to work by 9. Why don't I get to spend more time with my husband? How come I have to buy a purse from TJ Maxx when I feel as though I should be buying a genuine Dolche and Gabbana?! Why me, Me, ME? Oh dear, my life is sooo taunting and horrible, right? Wrong.

I am truly blessed because:

  • I have a most wonderful and dear family whom I love and enjoy spending time with.
  • My husband took my car today while I was taking a nap (wherein lies another blessing: a nap.) and washed it inside and out. Vacuumed and all. He does things like that for me all the time. And that is a blessing to me.
  • I have a great job; which I whine about just because it takes up so much time, when really I should be rejoicing each morning in the fact that I have a job when many people don't at this time. And it's not just a job, but a good job, with great people.
  • Tyson and I live in a warm house. A big warm house. A big warm house in which we don't pay rent. That's a blessing.
  • We're healthy, and always have been healthy. Our health is a blessing.
  • After tomorrow I have a four day weekend. President's Day is a blessing.

I'm going to stop now because I could go on all day, and already I've written too much.

But, today I'm feeling as though I should be the happiest person alive with the life I have. Why do I not live each day with that attitude? Now, I don't want you to think that I am unhappy with my life in any way, or that I'm always whining and complaining. That's not the case. I just think that sometimes I take things for granted and look at the negatives of a situation rather than the positives.

Perhaps I should work on my outlook of life. In fact, not just perhaps, but I'm going to. Startinggg.....tomorrow. Because today, I have a headache that feels as if I got my skull runover by a big ol' 18-wheel truck. So, I'll give myself just a few more hours to wallow in self pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment