Thanksgiving Template

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Here we go...

Well folks, today I'm finally turning in my ol' leather bound journal and pen to keep up with the generation of today, and mostly to keep up with writing about my life happenings. I love writing about my daily events or thoughts and what have you, but I just get so tired of wasting the precious time to slowly scribe it down on paper. Half the time I'm too lazy so I just leave out most of the wonderful details, or else just skip the task all together. By starting a blog, I now have no excuse for not recording my life and I'll be able to inform others about what's happening. I love looking back on the past and seeing where I've come and what I've done. Plus, I'm cooler now that I have my own blog! Just kidding. (No, but really.)


Everyone has heard about those boring people who blog about their ideals and rant and rave about pointless crap. But really...what's wrong with that?? Everyone does everyday to eachother anyway. It's life. That's what we do. We voice our thoughts and our opinions to others to get feedback and to hear what they sound like coming out of mouths. But, I feel like writing them down makes even more sense. If you're ranting and raving in a blog...no one has to read it if they don't want to. No one has to sit there and act interested when they're not. The only person that has to read it is yourself (and perhaps your spouse or significant other if you make them). I like being able to write down and read my thoughts more than just speak them. When thoughts are written down you're able to understand them better and make sense of it all. You can sort into categories. You can take written words back. You can backspace and punctuate and exclamate. You can read it over and over and over until it makes sense. Or, you can choose to not ever read it.


So....here begins my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment