Thanksgiving Template

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My dear friend, Spring.

I can smell Spring. I can feel it in my fingertips and on my face. I can taste the freshness in my mouth when I breathe in. I can sense it standing back in the shadows like you can sense someone's eyes upon your face. I can sense it....but it's not quite here. It was beginning to turn so beautiful. Spring break was gorgeous. 60's all week. And now, it's frigid again. It's blustery. We're expecting snow and rain for the rest of the week.  It's slightly depressing. I was just starting to pull out and dust off my sandals and tee-shirts. And now I'm having to take out my sweaters and boots again...?? Silly, silly Idaho. However, my spirits haven't completely dropped. I'm still excitedly awaiting the arrival of my dear friend, Spring.

In fact....I've been much, much too excited about a certain springy discovery I made yesterday (...just ask my husband, way too excited)! As I pulled up to my garage, I noticed about seven or eight beautiful little peeping robins sitting outside on our tree in our front yard! Ah! how wonderful was that to see and hear?? And there was a little nest resting up on a branch that I'm just going to assume was full of tiny little speckled blue eggs. It really just was the cherry on top of my already wonderful day. I'm just starting to really, truly appreciate this beautiful world and all the creatures and plants here. What a beautiful place we live in. And what a wonderful life I live.



No comments:

Post a Comment