Thanksgiving Template

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Beware the Me-Monster.

What is the deal with this whole pride business? And i don't mean just the being-proud-of something, thing. I mean the I'm-better-than-you, or better-at-this-that-you, prideful, crap. And one-upping? It's just nonsense. Not that I'm saying I'm better than anyone like this by any means. I'm just as lowly and guilty as the rest of you. I can be bad. Because...I'm always right. Or so it appears in my head. And I hate it. Tyson and I have been learning how to adjust quite a bit to eachothers similar personalities. It has been a real learning experience. For a while we were struggling with one-upping. I knew more than he did, and he knew more than I did, and back and forth until feelings were hurt and someone was offended.

But, all because of my wonderful, sweet husband, things have done a 180 for the good this week. He is so sweet and as he avoids arguments and lets me win, or holds his tongue, I realize how much I love him and I end up trying harder as well. When he is loving I am able to be loving, and vice versa. It seems so obvious and simple, but just like most things, it can be harder done than said. When I come home and the house is clean, laundry done, dishes washed, I actually want to go to the gym and visit him and workout, rather than coming home and sulking about how much I have to do and how tired I am. It's so wonderful. The only one-upping we've done in the last few days is who loves the other more. (I do.) How pointless and destructive is pride? Beware the Me-Monster. Beware.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QvSoRQrVJg

1 comment:

  1. Your a little sweetie!!!! And you are the best wife in the world! I could not have asked for a better person to spend the rest of my life with!!! Oh and one-up....I love you more!!!

    ReplyDelete