Thanksgiving Template

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Forgive me, blog.

So, I've been a bad record-keeper and a bad blogger. This I know; forgive me. But I'm ready to start fresh in a new, (more) diligent light. So, give me another chance, please?

Work has been so slow lately. I've been holding my days over with reading and crossword puzzles. It's just not the same, though, when I'm not in warm, comfy clothes and sitting on my couch with a blanket and a cup of hot cocoa. Mmmm, well thanks for the image; now I just want to go home (even more so). I 've read through these surrounding wonderous books this past month at work...

All great books. We're...well...poor, at the moment. So I haven't been able to buy any new books. So, using my brain I created this amazingly brilliant plan: I decided to read the books I already own, that I haven't read yet! Yes, I know, genuis. But really. I think I still have one or two Jodi Picoult novels that I haven't read, so I'll read those next. I forget how much I love to read, until I start reading again. It's so refreshing. I 'm so glad that novels aren't something that technology has gotten rid of completely. I love to smell a new book, and to trace my hand over it's smooth, blemishless cover. It's almost like a bonding moment between myself and my book.

The most amazing things are created in books. Life changing quotes, experiences and situations that are unimaginable to me, until placing myself in the characters shoes and going through it in their words.

Ah, how I love all of you authors out there. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Whitney,

    What a nice posting to read since I'm going to be a published author soon. I can't wait for you to read mine!

    I wanted to be your first follower, but it looks like I'll have to settle for number 2.

    Karey

    ReplyDelete